"Our assignment is not only to make visits but to consistently carry the Spirit into homes, to bless families with the pure love of Christ, to inspire, encourage, lift, and fortify. Every home is in need of additional support. Visiting teachers bring that blessed reinforcement. It is a sacred trust we have been given. We can overcome the obstacles." -Bonnie D. Parkin, RS General President, 2002-2007.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I'm Just A Visiting Teacher

I'M JUST A VISITING TEACHER

"I'M JUST A VISITING TEACHER,"
I SAID TO MY FRIEND TODAY,
AND MY FATHER IN HEAVEN HEARD ME,
AND I SEEMED TO HEAR HIM SAY;



"NOT JUST A VISITING TEACHER,"
A DISCIPLE WITH WORK TO DO,
AND WHERE EVER YOU CARRY MY MESSAGE,
MY SPIRIT GOES WITH YOU.

SOME DAUGHTERS OF MINE WITH BURDENS,
SOME SEEM TO HAVE LOST THE WAY,
GO TAKE THEM MY LOVE AND MY GOSPEL,
TO STRENGTHEN THEM DAY BY DAY.

NEVER SAY YOU'RE JUST A VISITING TEACHER,
HAVE FAITH AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND,
WHEN YOU ENTER A HOME WITH LOVE AND PRAYER,
I TAKE YOU BY THE HAND.

I can't remember where I got this poem, but I found it this morning and wanted to share everyone.  Does anyone know the author?

No comments:

Post a Comment