Hello Ladies!! It's November...You know what that means!
Last month was General Conference, we got to hear so many great messages. How lucky are we to live in this time? I don't know about you, but pitching my tent and traveling a far distance to hear the Prophet speak seems a lot harder than turning on my television and plopping down on the couch! :)
Anyway, I just wanted to share with you a couple quotes from an excellent talk given by Bishop Gerald Causse from the Priesthood session. (Still relevant to us women.)
"A promise has been made to everyone who becomes a member of the Church: “Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God.”...
...In this Church there are no strangers and no outcasts. There are only brothers and sisters."
I loved reading this talk. Everyone, at some point or another has felt out of place, lonely, or insecure. I know I have. But I know that through visiting teaching we can help change that.
With all the people that have moved out, there have been many families to replace them. Let's make these new sisters feel welcome in our ward! Let's talk to our neighbors! Let's lend a helping hand. Let's bake something! After all, that is what visiting teaching is all about...right? :) Who's with me?? ...
I am imagining all of you cheering and pumping your fists in the air, so don't let me down, alright? :)
Anyway, enjoy this lovely Wednesday afternoon. And please remember to do your...
I'll let you finish that sentence.
-Racheal
Great post Racheal!!! I love the new design of the blog!! - Jenni
ReplyDelete