"Our assignment is not only to make visits but to consistently carry the Spirit into homes, to bless families with the pure love of Christ, to inspire, encourage, lift, and fortify. Every home is in need of additional support. Visiting teachers bring that blessed reinforcement. It is a sacred trust we have been given. We can overcome the obstacles." -Bonnie D. Parkin, RS General President, 2002-2007.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

January's VT Message

Ladies!! It's that time of month again...actually it's WAY past that time of month...but we'll pretend it's still the beginning. :) Pretty please?!! For me?!


Well, even if we don't pretend, there's still plenty of time to get your visiting teaching done. 

I wanted to take a brief moment to tell all of you how awesome you are!! We got something like 84% of our visiting teaching done for the month of December. That's the best month we had in 2013. I know it's not all about the numbers, but you ladies sure did awesome work! I thought it was definitely praise worthy! :) 

Anyway, back to JANUARY. It's a NEW YEAR. (In case you haven't been paying much attention. Like me. I generally don't even know what day of the week it is.) And with a new year, comes new year resolutions. I know, you've probably already finished your lists by now, but I'm hoping you have room on there for one more little goal. Let's all make more of an effort to serve each other by doing our visiting teaching. There our ladies in our Ward that are in need. Even if it's only needing your friendship.

Here is the link to get to January's V.T. message:

https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-society/visiting-teaching-messages?lang=eng

I hope all of you lovely ladies have an amazing January. And let's all work on our new goal together!

-Racheal

No comments:

Post a Comment