"Our assignment is not only to make visits but to consistently carry the Spirit into homes, to bless families with the pure love of Christ, to inspire, encourage, lift, and fortify. Every home is in need of additional support. Visiting teachers bring that blessed reinforcement. It is a sacred trust we have been given. We can overcome the obstacles." -Bonnie D. Parkin, RS General President, 2002-2007.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Daughters in My Kingdom

Our relief society presidency just attended a wonderful training from the sisters of the general relief society presidency and their board members. 


It was a fantastic training with a lot of great info that I plan on sharing with everyone.  One thing that they really emphasized was reading the book "Daughters in My Kingdom."  I have read parts, but I haven't read the whole thing cover to cover, so this is my new goal.  I started today and I came across this quote from Alma 37:6 that says, "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."  I found that to be a theme that was repeated throughout the training from the other night.  I know that small and simple things can make a huge difference in the lives of those around us.  Every little thing you do is important, no matter how small.
I encourage everyone to pray to find someone that is in need of something small.  It can be a sister that you visit teach, a neighbor, or a friend.  It can even be one of your children or your spouse.  Do a small and simple service for that person.  Remember to keep it simple.  Send a note, give a phone call, or even send a little message on facebook.  Pick a flower from your garden or just smile and wave when they drive by.  I know that these small and simple things will make all the difference and really touch their heart.

1 comment: